Manure Management links
- California Dairy Quality Assurance Program - This is a key source of technical guidance related to the Central Valley dairy waste regulations -- "Waste Discharge Requirements General Order for Existing Milk Cow Dairies" (Order No. R5-2007-0035, Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region).
- Lagoon Nutrient Management - UC Cooperative Extension Farm Advisor Marsha Campbell Mathews' dairy lagoon water/agronomy website with many topics, worksheets, and spreadsheet tools
- Livestock & Poultry Environmental Learning Center - National website that includes the downloadable Livestock & Poultry Environmental Stewardship curriculum.
- Merced County "Central Valley Dairy Waste and Nutrient Management" website - A large collection of support tools and links related to the Central Valley dairy waste discharge regulations
- NRCS Comprehensive Nutrient Management Planning - Aimed especially at NRCS staff and Technical Service Providers, this is the main source of California NRCS information and support tools related to manure and nutrient management planning
Cooperative Extension Regional and County Offices
- CE Central Coast and South Region
- CE Central Valley Region
- CE North Coast and Mountain Region
- Cooperative Extension County Offices
- Research and Information Centers - The RICs are commodity-specific focal points for UC researchers and private and public constituencies that provide resource and information development.
- UC Berkeley College of Natural Resources
- UC Davis College of Agriculture & Environmental Science
- UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
- UC Riverside College of Natural & Agricultural Science
Research and Extension Centers
- Desert Research & Extension Center
- Hopland Research & Extension Center
- Intermountain Research and Extension Center
- Kearney Research & Extension Center
- Lindcove Research & Extension Center
- Shafter Research & Extension Center
- Sierra Foothill Research & Extension Center
- South Coast Research & Extension Center
- West Side Research & Extension Center
- Agricultural Issues Center - Analyzes issues important to California and western agriculture and conducts applied research.
- California 4-H Youth Development Program - Helps 100,000 young Californians become responsible adults.
- Centers for Water Resources - Supports research and extension efforts in water- and wildland-related issues throughout California.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Program - Teaches low-income families (particularly those with young children) to make the most of their food resources and meet their nutritional needs.
- Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics - Supports library and research activities in agricultural economics and the University of California.
- Integrated Hardwood Range Management Program - Dedicated to the conservation of California's 10 million acres of oak woodlands.
- Integrated Pest Management Program - Develops and promotes the use of integrated and ecologically sound pest management programs in California.
- Kearney Foundation of Soil Science - An endowment-supported program that funds research and sponsors outreach activities directed to its current five-year mission (Understanding and Managing Soil-Ecosystem Functions across Spatial and Temporal Scales).
- Master Gardener Program - UC-trained volunteers extend research-based information to the public about home horticulture and pest management. The information is provided to the public in classes, via telephone hotlines, at community events and in demonstration gardens.
- Mosquito Research Program - Funds and coordinates research and education on mosquito-borne diseases and environmentally safe methods to improve mosquito control.
- Office of Pesticide Information and Coordination - Coordinates and reviews ANR activities pertaining to pesticide research, experimentation, and use.
- Renewable Resources Extension Act Program - Addresses educational needs in managing the nation's renewable resources.
- Sea Grant Extension Program - The California branch of a national effort that supports advanced research on marine issues of vital concern.
- Small Farm Center - Provides production and marketing information to farmers who are not reached by traditional extension programs.
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program - Integrates three main goals: environmental health, economic profitability, and social and economic equity.